Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [free-software-melb] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: WI

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [free-software-melb] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: WIKILEAKS, Vault 7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:13:02 +1100

On 08/03/17 12:23, Russell Coker wrote:
> This isn't really news. After Snowden's information this is something most
> people expected.
>
> https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/assange-man-in-the-news/512243/
>
> Also remember that Assange seems to be a Russian agent.

Hi Russell and Andri,

I'm sorry I hadn't read this thread sooner. It's probably not my place
to moderate this list any more, I'm going to chime in anyway.

Russell, the above was unnecessarily dismissive of Andri's concerns
about CIA hacking. I don't think it ever hurts to be passionate and
outraged when privacy violations are revealed, and to use this to start
a conversation about free software.

We value your work as a security expert - thank you! :) That doesn't
preclude others from having a say though. Questioning Andri's
credentials and dragging the Jacob Abbelbaum issue was inappropriate.

Andri, please don't ever lose your passion for free software! :) Do lean
towards ignoring comments that you don't agree with rather than debating
them and getting dragged off-topic. Don't be too quick to take things
personally.

Regards,
Ben