The (Not So) Wonderful World of Notabug

From: alimiracle
Subject: The (Not So) Wonderful World of Notabug
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2024 12:29:54 -0700

hi All,
I've been a dedicated user of Notabug since 2015. Ah, the memories! Back in the day, it felt like a cozy, undiscovered gem. But lately, it’s been feeling more like a haunted mansion. First off, the dreaded Error 500. It's become my new best friend. It pops up so often, I’ve started setting a place for it at dinner. "Oh look, it's Error 500 again. Right on time!" Secondly, let's talk about the Gogs fork (notabug.org/hp/gogs). Last update? 2018. That’s right, it's been gathering digital dust for almost as long as my New Year's resolution to go to the gym. And then there's the outage page, last updated in 2016. I’m starting to wonder if it’s been repurposed as a digital time capsule. "Oh look, kids, this is what the internet looked like in 2016!" As for the issue page, well, it's a classic case of 'out of sight, out of mind'—literally, because it’s a 404. I guess if you don’t acknowledge the problem, it doesn’t exist, right? I've reached out to them multiple times, but my inbox remains empty, echoing the silence from their side. Is anyone there? Or did they all go on a permanent coffee break? So, I’m thinking of jumping ship to GitLab. Any suggestions, or should I just light a candle and hope for the best?
have fun and be free
ali miracle