Re: The (Not So) Wonderful World of Notabug

From: Adrien 'neox' Bourmault
Subject: Re: The (Not So) Wonderful World of Notabug
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 11:59:02 +0200

Le vendredi 07 juin 2024 à 12:29 -0700, alimiracle via libreplanet-discuss a
écrit :
> hi All,
> I've been a dedicated user of Notabug since 2015. Ah, the memories! Back
> in the day, it felt like a cozy, undiscovered gem. But lately, it’s been
> feeling more like a haunted mansion.
> First off, the dreaded Error 500. It's become my new best friend. It
> pops up so often, I’ve started setting a place for it at dinner. "Oh
> look, it's Error 500 again. Right on time!"
> Secondly, let's talk about the Gogs fork (notabug.org/hp/gogs). Last
> update? 2018. That’s right, it's been gathering digital dust for almost
> as long as my New Year's resolution to go to the gym.
> And then there's the outage page, last updated in 2016. I’m starting to
> wonder if it’s been repurposed as a digital time capsule. "Oh look,
> kids, this is what the internet looked like in 2016!"
> As for the issue page, well, it's a classic case of 'out of sight, out
> of mind'—literally, because it’s a 404. I guess if you don’t acknowledge
> the problem, it doesn’t exist, right?
> I've reached out to them multiple times, but my inbox remains empty,
> echoing the silence from their side. Is anyone there? Or did they all go
> on a permanent coffee break?
> So, I’m thinking of jumping ship to GitLab. Any suggestions, or should I
> just light a candle and hope for the best?
> have fun and be free
> ali miracle

Hi. I think you should consider codeberg.org before moving to the unethical
Gitlab platform. It is a well-maintained non-profit service that is not only
operated with free software only (except firmware, probably) but it is also very
popular currently.