Re: The (Not So) Wonderful World of Notabug

From: libre
Subject: Re: The (Not So) Wonderful World of Notabug
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 12:22:33 +0800

Hi alimiracle,

These issues do indeed seem to exist on Notabug. But I personally wouldn't recommend jumping to GitLab, as they seem to require JavaScript for the Web interface to work at all, and the JavaScript seems to be unclearly licensed.

Codeberg <https://codeberg.org/> seems to be relatively stable and runs on Forgejo (a community fork of Gitea). If I recall correctly, Gitea is a fork of Gogs itself. In any case, the experience is relatively nice, and feels similar to Notabug. Perhaps also take a look at SourceHut <https://sourcehut.org/>, which has a more traditional email-based workflow with good support for email patch review.

Best regards,
Runxi Yu