Re: clefs, time signatures, and key signatures

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: clefs, time signatures, and key signatures
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2023 12:07:00 -0800

On 2023-12-09 11:39 am, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
I think that the distances between the clef and the sigs are improved

Thanks, but which variant do you prefer?  The first image or the second
image in

  https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/2188

?

Apologies for chiming in on your follow-up with Elaine...

Obviously, both are a welcomed improvement for the curious cases of the GG and petrucci clefs.

For your data collection, I would vote for the second image on the MR. I think the existing spacing for some clefs (like the standard G clef) is already balanced (particularly with respect to the key signature more so than the time signature), and the first image just felt a wee bit too condensed at first glance.

-- Aaron Hill