Re: Error with make doc

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Error with make doc
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 17:47:47 +0000 (UTC)

> 'make doc' failed.
>
> It appears that under some conditions, we end up with a path
> including '//'.

Multiple slashes in succession are completely harmless; they are
simply equivalent to `/`.

Doing a bit of an internet search it seems this is a bug in the `cp`
implementation on macOS (as unbelievable it may be, given that `cp` is
such a fundamental command that exists since decades):

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/464706/why-do-i-get-bad-file-descriptor-when-copying-using-hardlink-flag

Please read this and check whether you are affected by this problem.
In case you can confirm the issue please try whether it works if you
omit the `-l` option in all `cp` calls in my patch.

    Werner