Re: Export/sync nmh folders to IMAP server

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: Export/sync nmh folders to IMAP server
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 08:13:50 -0400

Thank you for the links.

I can see that netoric is useful for synchronizing my MH inbox so that I can
get at it from my phone.  Right now, my phone can see my inbox until I run
"inc", and then it leaves my mail server...

I guess I will try the Maildir hard links script with
cyrus-imapd for providing access to the 6G of mail on my desktop.
I'm okay that it would be read-only... it's probably a feature.

A killer-app for me is being able to run Thunderbird on my desktop to point
at the same (MH) inbox as Emacs, so that I can:
  a) get better HTML rendering when I need it
  b) import calendar entries

About (b), I've tried some of the gcal interfaces (within Emacs and without)
and they haven't been to my liking, haven't been compatible enough.
I typically just bounce stuff to my gmail account, but I'd really like to
stop using Google calendar.  (Feel free to organize an intervention)

(while I use cyrus-imapd on my mail server, I could run something different
on my mail archive machine.  I keep thinking I should write a single-user
IMAP server in GO or Rust... )