Re: nmh 1.8?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: nmh 1.8?
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 11:00:02 +0000

Hi David,

> Greetings as we approach the new year.

Yes, hello all.  Hope you've had a nice Christmas.

> What does everyone think of pushing out a 1.8 soon?

+1

> Here are changes since 1.7.1:
> https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/nmh.git/plain/docs/pending-release-notes

    -------------------
    DEPRECATED FEATURES

    - The generation and verification of Content-MD5 headers is no
      longer performed.  The -check and -nocheck switches to various nmh
      programs that would control this functionality still exist, but
      are non-functional and will be removed in the next release.

That it not deprecation.  The user who thinks the MD5 is being checked
is being fooled by them silently becoming a no-op.  They should be
removed so the user instead suffers an error and learns of the change.
I'll try to get this done.