Re: nmh 1.8?

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: nmh 1.8?
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 19:20:37 +0100

Ken Hornstein wrote in
 <20221228151732.BD63B1D20D7@pb-smtp20.pobox.com>:
 |MUA that generates that header or checks it.  I'm not even sure we
 |calculate the digest correct for text types, it was a mess in terms
 |of implementation, _and_ MD5 is Officially Considered Broken.  Calling

I would think that finding two plain text files with the same MD5
that a mail message receiver finds an acceptable read is rather
unlikely though.  (Just generally speaking.  CRUX Linux for
example uses signify for package checksums, but still generates
MD5 checksums as a fallback.  CRC32 is also used still, but noone
would claim it is secure.)

Have a good slip/slide.

--steffen