nrdo-list

[nrdo-list] foreign key reference error

From: Michael Hitchcock
Subject: [nrdo-list] foreign key reference error
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:28:48 -0600

Stuart,

I downloaded latest version of NRDO for .NET 2.0 enhancements, using the Generic NRDO library and a basic dfn file of:

table employee{

 description [a municipal employee of Ankh-Morpork.];
 longdesc [
 ];

 fields {
   int id int notnull readonly [the ID number of the person];
   string last_name varchar(50) notnull readwrite [the person's last name];
string first_name varchar(50) notnull readwrite [the person's first name]; int boss_id int nullable readwrite [the ID of the person record of this person's boss];
 };
 pkey sequenced id;

 get multi {fields {last_name}; orderby {first_name}};
 get single {fields {first_name; last_name}; called name};
 get multi {called all};

# We want to create a foreign key constraint on boss_id, and also support a
 # getBoss() method on the object.
 references single user {fkey; by {boss_id id}; called boss};

# For a given boss, we might also want to be able to get a list of employees.
 #references multi user {by {id boss_id}; called subordinates};

# In order to support the above "subordinates" references, we need a "get by
 # boss id" for the references to link to.
 #get multi {fields {boss_id}};
};

If the foreign key reference on boss_id is commented out, all works fine. But with the refernece,
when I build the generated code I get:

C:\Projects\WebSite1\App_Code\Employee.cs(585,18): error CS0309: The type 'int?' must be convertible to 'System.IComparable<int?>' in order to use it as parameter 'TField' in the generic type or method 'NR.nrdo.NRDOComparer<TClass>.Create<TField>(NR.nrdo.Func<TClass,TField>)'

Any suggestions?