openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] OpenEXR on Irix

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] OpenEXR on Irix
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:57:31 +0100

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Drew Hess wrote:
> Strange.  We use:
>
> % CC -version
> MIPSpro Compilers: Version 7.3.1.2m
>
> And OpenEXR seems to compile OK here, so that doesn't jive with Kevin's
> experience, unless something changed in the .3m release.  We don't use gcc
> on IRIX at all, but would like to support that.  Philippe, if you can send
> me the details of the problems with the latest gcc on IRIX, I can look
> into it.

Hi,

sorry for the late answer... Unfortunately I downgraded to 3.0.4, so I cannot
easily reproduce the problem, but I remember that it was a template
instantiation issue as well.

BTW if I just run configure it automatically uses gcc/g++. If I explicitely
uses g++. Is it possible to have configure guess the correct setup? I guess
so, I assume I miss sth here?

cheers,

-Phil

--
Philippe C.D. Robert     |  VNET# 559-1565
Core Rendering           |  Office: +41 (0)32 732 15 65