pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Mandrake RPMs and menus

From: Gollum
Subject: [Pan-devel] Mandrake RPMs and menus
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 03:23:00 +0100

I have a request to anyone making Pan RPMs for Mandrake.  (I suppose
that's currently only John LeMay and perhaps Toby Inkster, but I use
this forum just in case anyone else does.)

Mandrake have some files in their RPMs that make Pan (and other apps)
appear in the menus automatically.  They're not in the RPMs on the
Rebelbase site.  The files are:
  /usr/lib/menu/pan
  /usr/share/icons/large/pan.png
  /usr/share/icons/mini/pan.png
  /usr/share/icons/pan.png

It would be nice if you could copy those files from an RPM built by
Mandrake, so the menus don't get messed up each time an official
Mandrake RPM is upgraded with one from Rebelbase, or vice versa.  Just
some hours ago I saw a newbie having problems with this on
alt.os.linux.mandrake.

BTW, maybe the part about Gnome in /usr/lib/menu/pan should be removed
or replaced with "GTK+", since Gnome is no longer required:

?package(pan): command="/usr/bin/pan" needs="X11" icon="pan.png" \
section="Networking/News" title="Pan" \
longtitle="Pan Usenet Newsreader for Gnome"