pan-devel

RE: [Pan-devel] Mandrake RPMs and menus

From: Christophe Lambin
Subject: RE: [Pan-devel] Mandrake RPMs and menus
Date: 18 Nov 2002 20:16:08 +0100

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 08:47, address@hidden wrote:
> Maybe it is an idea for the Mandrake guys (or for here) to have an
> extra package (pan-extras or something) that contain menu's and other
> extras. You simply install that package once and then upgrade the Pan
> package with a more or less generic one from rebelbase.

I don't think the Mandrake people will be interested in this, since
they've already got this covered in their own packages.

As for me, I really don't fancy forking the spec file for every distro's
custom menu system (or whatever).

Does anyone know how long it takes for Pan releases to get into Cooker
(which I assume has the custom menu's)? How big an issue is this really?

Regards,
Christophe