pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Scoring update & screenshot

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Scoring update & screenshot
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:07:08 -0700

On Thu 20 Feb 2003 12:56, Charles Kerr posted as excerpted below:
> Here's a screenshot of how Pan's scoring is shaping up:
>
>         http://pan.rebelbase.com/scoring.png

From the page..  I notice PAN's still limited in what headers or content it
can score on.  Obviously, revising the scoring method and code can and should
be separated from adding additional flexibility in exactly WHAT can be
filtered/scored, but the latter is what interests me more than scoring itself
(as opposed to simple binary value filtering).

Is that also on the slate for relatively soon inclusion, probably after
scoring is added and proven to be working, or is that still "bluesky"?

I **DO** appreciate scoring, even on the currently limited header selection,
no doubt about it.  I'd just be a bit more interested in a binary choice
method of killing based on, say, posting host, that's more likely to be
server controlled rather than user controlled, and thus less likely to be
easily changable than author and subject lines...

I DID notice references in there as a scoring criteria, which makes handling
entire threads nice and easy.  That's pretty cool, especially with scoring
rather than binary filtering, because I always hesitate to kill entire
threads, for fear of missing something good.  =:^)  The flexibility of
scoring, however, would make that a far easier option.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin