pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] seeing lots of problems (Re: ANN : Tabs support for arti

From: SciFi
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] seeing lots of problems (Re: ANN : Tabs support for article overview)
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 03:47:31 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Good lessons there to learn from.

Let me briefly describe why I do it my way:

I keep "good" copies of many projects in this manner.
I can very-quickly run "sudo make install" to poke
_that_ build into the usual (normal runnable) locations.

I can also do this with my (different) local clone
of the "tip / head" of judgefudge's master,
if/when I get time to run proper tests of those
problems I mention, once again from the usual
(normal runnable officially expected) locations.

(I know Pan is a simple-enough app, whereby I can
 simply rename /usr/local/bin/pan to make a
 runnable copy of some build, but I'm saying I'd
 like to make sure _all_ pieces [.po files, say]
 will match, to have a proper test / debug
 environment etc.)

(This is the nearly 30-years worth of experience
 I've amassed in my "pro" life.  ;)  )