[paragui-users] Re: [SDL] paraGUI

From: Andrew Ford
Subject: [paragui-users] Re: [SDL] paraGUI
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 08:41:05 -0700 (PDT)

How do you handle packing surfaces that aren't powers
of two in each dimension?  Widgets can potentially
have their own surfaces of the widget's sizes.
You must have a fakie surface for the screen, I guess.
Either way, if the paragui blit-surface is retargeted
in a new backend to use glSDL, that can be handled by
detecting the pointer to the screen surface.

--- David Olofson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Should work with current versions of glSDL as long
> as it
>
>       * doesn't rely on surfaces with bigger area than
>         the largest supported texture
>
>       * doesn't blit from or within the screen
I don't think there's a backing store for the screen,
so I don't think this happens
>       * doesn't try to lock the screen and access it
>         directly

> > Kobo deluxe is cool).
>
> Multiplayer will be even better! ;-)
It'd be cooler if I could get past damn level 23 :)

> Sounds to me that depending on what kind of images
> used, it might
> actually be pretty easy to add "native" OpenGL
> support. Anything that is
> wider and/or taller than 256 pixels is asking for
> trouble, though.

Only on certain, ahem, sucky 3D cards.