Re: [paragui-users] Backgrond on progrssbar

From: Alexander Pipelka
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Backgrond on progrssbar
Date: 04 Jun 2002 09:41:10 +0200

Am Mon, 2002-06-03 um 23.13 schrieb Olaf Ernst:
> Alexander Pipelka wrote:
>
> > There are no oddities. Everything's working as expected.
> > It also works with backmode "TILE".
>
> Ok, it works as you (the main developer) expect it to work.
> This does not automaticaly mean it is clear to everbody else.
>
> examples ?
>
> - The transparency is generally given as 0=off, 255=full.
>   If you want to set it by hand, the transparency for fonts
>   is given in form of alphachannel values : 0=full, 255=off.
> - The progressbar widget doesn't read a "label" property.
>   (If it does read it, it does not work here)

Now we're starting to get productive :))
I've posted a 100.000 times that we need more people writing tutorials
and docs, write bugreports, test things, bring in ideas.

I just can fix things that are reported. No. I won't complain about it
because the situation is currently very good and i don't want to annoy
these guys who are really helping hands.

Now back to business:

- The transparency issue is known but can't be changed in the current
(1.0.x) version due to compatibility issues. We can fix this for 1.1.x

- The progressbar widget doesn't read a label property.
Usually if i find anything missing in an opensource package i'll add
(fix) it, create a patch and send that patch to the maintainer. I've
done this quite often with a lot of projects. It helps me it helps the
maintainer. Everyone's happy.

> > Maybe someone should write a theme tutorial ?
>
> Great idea. A list in the online help, which defines all
> supported properties for every widget would be a first step.

You're welcome to do so.

> So here it is:
>
>   <widget>
>     <type value="BarTreble"/>
>     <object>
>       <name value="Background"/>
>       <filename name="background" value="vines/statusbar.png"/>
>       <property name="transparency" value="0"/>
>       <property name="backmode" value="STRETCH"/>
>       <property name="bordersize" value="0"/>
>     </object>
>     <object>
>       <name value="Indicator"/>
>       <filename name="background" value="vines/indicator.png"/>
>       <property name="backmode" value="TILE"/>
>     </object>
>   </widget>
>
> This does not work. if the backmode if the "Indicatior" object
> is set to TILE only the gradient is shown.
> The backmode on the "Background" object does work as expected.

Try setting the "blend" property.
This property defines the blend-level between gradient and background.
As there are no default values for "Indicator" the blend level isn't
set.

Alex

PS: I'm always mean early in the morning :))