Re: [paragui-users] thinking of opengl still

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] thinking of opengl still
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:20:50 -0700 (PDT)

On 13 Jun 2002, Alexander Pipelka wrote:

> If you want we can open a CVS branch for you.
> This way everyone could follow your progress and drop in some ideas.
>
> What do you think ?

I think that would be a wonderful idea :)

Incidentally (for those who are curious) currently I've taken -all- SDL
video references (SDL Surface references actually) and created two classes
that handle that indirectly.

At this point glSDL handles textures - but ideally there will be a plugin
class that handles the detains of talking to OpenGL.  Particularily since
I intend to render paragui -into- a 3D environment :)

and once this works we can all look at merging it back into the main
branch.  I -am- trying to keep up with any changes there :)

Note that as of this point I'm down to only paratest and tabbar crashing.
And dblbuffer not updating the display....  so I've -almost- got it up to
par *g*

Turns out one does -not- pass 0 as a depth to SDL_CreateRGBSurface
*wry grin*.  Although a number of other numbers can be 0.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis