Re: [paragui-users] OpenGL work - next CVS update within a few days *g*

From: Eric Ross
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] OpenGL work - next CVS update within a few days *g*
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 21:02:23 -0400 (CLT)

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Teunis Peters wrote:

> New updates:
>       Video driver management code - working on this.  Hoping to have
>       operational today...  Uses SDL's module loader but suspect have to
>       rewrite....  am prepared to supply code for unix/windows *g*
>
> Any thoughts on this?
> Just cleaning up the core lib now - still hunting the segfault-on-exit
> And I -will- attempt a DirectX driver soon *sillygrin*
>
> The driver manager allows drivers to be written in seperate libs btw -
> which could prove to be an advantage.  I'm also thinking of child
> applications being loaded into ParaGUI apps, especially thanks to the XML
> stuff... *g*

Cool :) All this OpenGL stuff is going very well :) Good job

All this means that one can switch to the SDL or OpenGL backend in
runtime, something like passing an flag to some init function to select
the backend ?

I didnt know that SDl had a module loader.. Any difference with using
dlopen and friends ?

Good job again.. what about doing a aa (ascii art) backend ? :-)

--
Word is no doubt faster for oppressed office workers and others who just
need to throw something together and get in the post fast without worrying