Re[2]: [paragui-users] printing fonts

From: taurus
Subject: Re[2]: [paragui-users] printing fonts
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 18:48:06 +0100

Hello Teunis,

>> You`ve touched the font printing in your last letter: when I have too
>> much text in Richedit it`s really slow to redraw...
>> How can we speed up the redraw of richedit?

TP> Oh really....  *rubbing beard*  (sudden "Robin Hood Men in Tights" memory)

That was a good movie :)

TP> All right - I'll attack the font renderer.  Particularily since it most
TP> emphatically DOES NOT WORK in OpenGL!!!!!
TP> I suspect it'd work in DirectX but DirectX actually gives access to
TP> videomemory - and OpenGL doesn't...  More on that later :)

Well, if you need help, I can add my efforts to yours, because it`s a
big bottle neck in my project too. But I dont use OpenGL :)

Maybe if the text will be rendered on a surface before blit it will speed up the
thing? ...And if it will "re-render" the surface only if text was
added or changed - it will speed up the scrolling?

Kind regards,
       taurus

address@hidden

 ->> "If you will have a megaphone, you will never have to be alone..."