Re: [paragui-users] pg_application

From: Alexander Opitz
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] pg_application
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 01:14:30 +0200

Am Dienstag, 27. Mai 2003 01:03 schrieb Teunis Peters:
> TBQH - not entirely necessary.  Can always run the event loop inside the
> "main" instead of the app.Run() method...  dblbuffer IS a good example for
> that.

TBQH??

I want to simplify dblbuffer ... so it will be easier for game developing. I
have a FrameHandler ... and you only need to add your FrameObject to it ...
and every turn it will be called to redraw themself.

> or flip side write your own thread to do the same thing... it's not like
> the PG_Application::RunEventLoop function calls anything terribly
> private.

It's not good to have 2 threads to draw ... that can end in a war of code :-)

> On the other hand, deriving a subclass of PG_Application IS possible...
> just access the PG_Application via a pointer and create subclass as
> normal.

access PG_Application via a pointer?
Hmmm, at the moment I'm down to the point, that my_quitEventLoop will never be
true ... I can do what I want :-/ If I use PG_Application, then it works.

> While I'm not the designer of the main system - the opengl sub-branch may
> (but doesn't :) show undesirable sideeffects if the child class does not
> initialize things properly - such as not being able to find itself,
> drivers or themes...

I haven't try it yet with opengl branch.
But ... there is an ParaGUI MPEG Player ... he also needs a loop for
displaying ... so I will take a look in the 1.1 branch ... there must be
changes in the RunEventLoop.

Greetings Alex//