Re: [paragui-users] pg_application

From: Alexander Opitz
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] pg_application
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 03:10:19 +0200

Am Dienstag, 27. Mai 2003 01:59 schrieb Teunis Peters:
> To Be Quite Honest.   Okay so it's a little dated for a short form.  I
> haven't seen it used in a couple of years but it suits my speaking pattern
> so... *wry grin*

Aha, nice to know ;-)

> Och that's a good idea.

Thanks.

> It's not good in a "this can cause a fatal crash to X" way...
> but multiple threads handling event tossing shouldn't be a big deal.  At
> least not with SDL's event handlers which are quite multithread friendly.

But threading is never good for games (only a thread for a server for network
games).

> Oh really?  hrm.  I'll have to look into that...  I stopped using this
> method at some point so I'm not sure how (or if) it works anymore.

I've found it ... dblbuffer call the function "SetBulkMode(true)" and then the
Quit Event isn't catched ... but now I have a stupid cursor (with scrolling
background but the dblbuffer have no background).

> A seperate loop for displaying is rather risky with SDL.  With OpenGL it's
> out and out not allowed.

I don't get pgmpeg to compile ... after some changes in the configure.in it
takes paragui2 ... but it seems to have an older API of paragui2 (paragui 1.1
from the savannah web site)

> Multiple rendering thread behaviors btw:
>       - to memory context: no prob
>       - to FBcon : no prob
>       - to Windows/DirectX : careful locking required, sometimes locks
>       - to nVidia/OpenGL : no prob
>       - to Matrox/OpenGL : system lockup, poweroff only solution.
>               current solution: X aborts the program

Hmmm, I've a dream ... that all drivers works in the same way ... *dream*