Re: [paragui-users] os target base?

From: Asko Kauppi
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] os target base?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:57:35 +0300

(disclaimer: i've never really dug into auto* for real, so may be misinformed)

Imho, auto* is not fully scriptable. By "fully scriptable" i mean a general-purpose scripting language (s.a. Python, Perl, Ruby, Lua..) that is controlling the thing, not a 'scriptable' make engine (s.a. make, auto*?, jam..)

Benefits? You can transparently merge _any_ kinds of analysis & decision making with the build script. Really a Good Thing(tm) ;).

Any users of SCons (or its godfather Cons) in this neighborhood?

p.s. Dependency of cygwin for Windows builds is a shortcoming, imho.

-ak

Teunis Peters kirjoittaa perjantaina, 25. heinäkuuta 2003, kello 03:04: