[paragui-users] TODO

From: Ulf Lorenz
Subject: [paragui-users] TODO
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 00:31:13 +0100

Hi everyone,

with Anthony taking over the leadership, I thought we could start discussing
kind of TODO roadmap. The current one stops at version 1.0. :)
I present a first draft free for annotation which I separate in
short-term, medium term and long-term targets. After midnight I always suffer
from fading memory, so I may already have forgotten some items. Further
explanations are refered to by numbers after the items.

Short-Term
- fix the collected assortion of bugs (I can contribute two :) )
- implement the LUA wrapper (BTW how does the link to LUA work? Is it done the
same as in Python or stand-alone?)
- collect people who would package paragui (I know someone who has already
built these packages for Suse if theiy are needed)

Medium-Term
- lock all surfaces (AFAIR they are currently unlocked during font drawing)
- implement hardware surfaces (1)
- improve the documentation (and think about a concept for this)
- integrate the long-discussed extra widgets in some form

Long-Term
???

(1)                             I currently use a large surface for a game map,
and using hardware surfaces speeds up things a lot. However, currently, I have
to draw to an own (hardware) surface, then it is copied to the widget's internal
(software) drawing surface and then to the screen. If only the internal surface
could be moved to the hardware memory, that would still speed up things a lot.
But I thought, better not do it in my application; it is not critical, but would
be great.

cu,
Ulf

--
One of the universal rules of happiness is: always be wary of any helpful item
that weighs less than its operating manual.