Re: [paragui-users] this quietness makes one frightened (and insane:))

From: T. Onoma
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] this quietness makes one frightened (and insane:))
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 00:42:19 GMT

> >Personally, I am not (and have never been) happy at the thought of taking
> over
> >paragui project leadership. After all, I already administrate another
> project,
> >and I suppose most of you know that it is a time-consuming job. You code,
> >answer all the feedback mails, care for the contributors to stay motivated
> etc.
>
> >In short, I use this mail to apply for the position of project leadership
> (or
> >however you would call it in a bazar-like environment) IF one or two other
> >people here share this position with me. They don't have to have time now
> or
> >even often, but I don't feel prepared to do it alone.
>
> It's great news that Anthony has now some time for ParaGUI and that you
> apply for leadership yourself, if someone is willing to support you. I'd try
> to help you guys out where I can (I'd maybe even share such a position with
> you, although I lack the appropriate knowledge (yet)).

I'm goign to ring in here. I have been following paraGUI for a long time,
always hopeful that it would take off big. It has been hard to watch it crawl
along. Now seeing such questions arise, I decided it was a good time to help,
Although, I am not a c/c++ programmer -- these days I code Ruby and look foward
to the day that I can use paraGUI there. In fact, I was motivationally involved
with the bindings that exist for Ruby now. In addition, I am experienced in
project management. So if others need time to hack, I'll be happy to take up
the slack on admin chores, and such. (For example, the website is still down. I
have extensive website dev exp. I can take care of that.)
Just let me know.

- T. Onoma