qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu processes

From: Ryan Boyce
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu processes
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:46:27 -0400

Alex,

I have another KVM/qemu related CPU question. I am hoping you will be so
kind as to answer again. I have a Dell Poweredge T430 server running a
single Intel Xeon E5-2603 v3 CPU with 6 cores. I have 6 VMs running CentOS
7 via KVM. I am noticing some terrible host CPU performance when a VM runs
a simple process such as a recursive search on its file system. I see VM
CPU acting normally but the host CPU skyrockets to well over 100%. I have a
few ideas as to why this is but am hoping you might be able to point me in
the right direction. Thank you so much for your help!

Ryan