Help Needed with new rdiff-backup Use Case

From: Patrik Dufresne
Subject: Help Needed with new rdiff-backup Use Case
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 11:54:32 -0400

Hello rdiff-backup users,

I need some help to determine if it's possible to use rdiff-backup for a
new use case.

For those familiar with rsync, I'm looking to replicate a behavior similar
to "rsync src dest" without the "--delete" option. Typically, rsync updates
the destination with all files and folders from the source without deleting
any extraneous files present in the destination.

By default, when running "rdiff-backup src dest", any extraneous files in
the destination are deleted and only available in the rdiff-backup-data
directory. In my new use case, when I run "rdiff-backup", I want to keep
files in the destination as normal files even if they were deleted from the
source.

Is this possible to achieve?

Thank you!

--