[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: ac-archive moved to non-GNU

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: ac-archive moved to non-GNU
Date: 14 Feb 2005 19:05:57 +0100

Sylvain Beucler writes:

 > The only thing that really changed is the label "This
 > project is not part of the GNU Project", which is
 > apparently more accurate.

I have thought long and hard about what to do, and I think
it is best to move the project to my own server entirely.
More often than not recently, I would have liked to install
a CGI or needed more control over the CVS repository than
Savannah allowed me; so I guess this is the time to do it.

I have set up the archive at:

  http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/

The pages at gnu.org effectively link to my site for most of
the content now.

So could you please delete the ac-archive project at
Savannah? It would be great if the URL could be rewritten to
my site for a while, to allow for a smooth transition. No
file locations have changed; redirecting

  http://www.gnu.org/software/ac-archive/foo.m4

  http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/foo.m4

will work nicely.

The ac-archive-maintainers mailing list isn't really
required anymore either. I'll post a short notice to it to
let the seven or so people who read it know what is going
on. If the need for a mailing lists arises again, I'll set
it up here too.

In any case, I'd like to use the occasion to say thanks to
everybody who is involved in running Savannah and the
other gnu.org sites. It really is a great service to the
community, and I appreciate all the time and effort you guys
put into it.

Take care,

Peter