Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] redirecting download areas

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] redirecting download areas
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:58:47 -0500

    This is trivial when one knows Apache,

Sure.  I didn't really mean to suggest documenting how to write a
redirect directive or whatever.

What isn't trivial is figuring out the recommended way to discover (let
alone modify) the Apache config on savannah, given the plethora of
vservers.  There are a lot of httpd.conf's on the server.

Searching for apache on the wiki turns up nothing useful.  Am I missing it?

    and this isn't safe to be done if one doesn't.

Well, it could have been done with an http-equiv refresh file instead of
in the Apache config.  (Not that I'm arguing it should have been.)

karl