[Savannah-hackers-public] redirecting download areas

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] redirecting download areas
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 16:21:38 -0500

Sylvain and all,

The freefont project (among others) started life as non-gnu for whatever
reason, and files were put in its
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/freefont/ download area.

Then we switched it to be GNU as it should have been, and it uses the
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/freefont/ download area as it should.

The problem is the savannah download area still exists in its stale
state.  All the files are on ftp.gnu.org.  Can we archive/delete those
files and redirect it to ftp.gnu.org?  I have no idea where to start,
sorry.  (And didn't see anything in the wiki.)

I believe many other nonGNU-became-GNU projects could benefit from the
same.

Thanks,
Karl