Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] "or any later" clause mandatory?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] "or any later" clause mandatory?
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 17:39:43 -0600

    pulling all the resources into a single outline on the wiki

Sure, although that will take a lot of effort.

    Check http://sv.gnu.org/maintenance/ProjectApproval and its subtopics.

Which doesn't even mention
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly,
which is the single most useful page for submitters, as far as I can
see.

    I think there should be a resources section that explains where people
    can go to get advice on how to comply.

Adding a new section will compound the confusion rather than the
decrease it, IMHO.  What's needed is consolidation.

And I think all the advice on how to comply already exists, e.g., the
HowToGet... page, among others :(.

    the requirements page. For example, I think a clear copyright and
    license notice example would help clarify what we are asking with "or
    any later."

Those examples exist on the canonical license pages, most importantly
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  We should point to that
rather than duplicate it, IMHO.