Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] "or any later" clause mandatory?

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] "or any later" clause mandatory?
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:01:50 -0500

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:32:12 +0100
Sebastian Gerhardt <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 01:46 +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>
> > But before worrying about that, can we make a plan for what will happen
> > to all the other pages on this topic?  And what they all are.  We need
> > to be sure we can replace them all with links to this.  Otherwise we
> > will be complicating the situation instead of simplifying it.

Okay, I will try to find all the links and cite where all the info that
I use comes from.

> > Also, is this intended to be the official "hosting requirements", as
> > well as the checklist?  All-in-one?
>
> I certainly hope so.
> We have had some angry complains from applicants lately because of
> unclear and seemingly arbitrarily requirements. A more transparent
> review process due to a common checklist both for reviewer and applicant
> would help a lot.

I agree with this; however, currently the checklist for the applicant
is integrated with register scripts. By making an "all-in-one" do you
mean we should make a similar form where the applicant has to check
boxes off or is it better and more efficient to have only a check box
asking whether the requirements were read? I lean for the latter.

--
Nicodemo