Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git features on Savannah

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git features on Savannah
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 22:20:33 GMT

    OK, not a huge problem.  I'm assuming that this means I should NOT
    uncheck the CVS component from my Savannah admin page, even if I enable
    a different source control tool?

To be honest, I'm not sure.  It might be that CVS is forcibly enabled
for web pages no matter what you check or don't check.  Since you're
playing around with it now, would you like to perform the experiment?

    Mm.  Well, some terminology changed in the manual, so the node names
    (that used the old terms) needed to change.

Yep, it happens.  (Of course it's also good not to change terminology. :)

    Just curious, but why is it bad to change node names?  Is it because
    people save bookmarks to them or something?

Or links from other documents / mailing list archives / etc.

FWIW, the next release of Texinfo will have a feature that enables "old
names" to be redirected to "new names", precisely so backward
compatibility with links can be achieved even when node names do change,
which I know does have to happen from time to time, no matter how clever
we (manual authors) try to be ...

Happy naming,