Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Projects for Android in GNU Savannah

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Projects for Android in GNU Savannah
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 20:01:36 -0500

   The question is not whether Android requires aditional software to be
   useful but whether it can be used with only free software, for otherwise
   Android-specific projects can't run on a fully free enviroment which is
   a requirement in GNU Savannah.

A simple approach might be to do what is done for other non-free
operating systems, like OS X.  Do we host code for projects that only
run on those?  If no, then we should do the same for Android projects.

   By the way I, there is the GNU HURD.

And Linux, specially in its form of Linux-Libre.