Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mgt disk space?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mgt disk space?
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 16:39:08 -0600

Karl Berry wrote:
>     The disk space on mgt is getting tight.
>
> We should ask them to make a bigger partition, it seems to me.  It seems
> bizarre to have to worry about disk space now when we didn't before.

On the new VMs I will ask for a bigger partition.  But we want to move
off of the current systems as soon as possible.  I don't want to put
any effort into extending the place we expect to be leaving behind.

>     Karl, I found /root/colonialone from 2011 at 1.8G.  There is a README
>     addressed to you there.  Could you look at that directory and see if
>     it is still needed?
>
> Can you move it to some other partition/host where there is space?  (One
> big .tar.gz or whatever would be fine.)  Nothing in there is needed
> live, unless I'm much mistaken (always possible), but it was the root
> system at one time.  It can probably be deleted without losing much if
> anything, but I can't investigate that any time soon, and disk space is
> so much cheaper than human time, anyway ...  -k

If you want to keep it around then we can keep it around.  Disk space
isn't truly critical.  There is 900M free.  I was just looking around
that looked like low hanging fruit to pick.

Thanks!
Bob