Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] How to take over an abandoned project

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] How to take over an abandoned project
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 23:03:42 GMT

[switching to sv-hk-pub from sv-users]

Thomas - I'm not sure if someone else has already replied, but if not ...

    statement at the top of the mailing list archive that the content is
    updated twice an hour.

It appears to me that the cron job to update mailing list archives runs
four times an hour now.

    > > I am wondering what are the steps  to take over an abandoned nongnu
    > > project.

I'm not sure we have an official policy about it.

It seems to me that if you can get the previous owner (one "Rein
Couperus", I gather), or someone, to tell us that it's ok (or point us
to somewhere where they say they are abandoning it, then we can transfer it.

Failing that, you could certainly submit the code as a new project (say,
tlf2), though I realize that is suboptimal in several ways, and we can
evaluate/approve as with anything else.

Otherwise, I just feel leery of forcibly transferring a project with no
input from the previous admin. Perhaps others would like to weigh in.

Hope we can make something work,
Karl