Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] New hacker Andrew Janke - demo MySQL serve

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] New hacker Andrew Janke - demo MySQL server access
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:26:56 -0400

On 3/29/19 4:11 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
Ineiev wrote:
Andrew Janke wrote:
What version of MySQL is Savane currently running on? There are some
compatibility issues with MySQL 8 that I'd like to fix, but I want
to check that I maintain compatibility with your current version,
too.
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.62, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline
6.3
All of the systems are currently running Trisquel 7.  And therefore
versions are from that OS/release combination.

Of course we would like to be able to keep all of the systems upgraded
and any interoperability issues between versions will need to be
fixed.  In other contexts I have run into unknown options problems
when using a newer MariaDB client with an older MySQL server.  I
expect we will have a problem there too.

Thanks for helping out! :-)

Bob
Cool. I'll fire up a couple Trisquel VMs for testing on.

You're welcome!

Cheers,
Andrew