Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [E] Re: Out of memory issues on Savannah?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [E] Re: Out of memory issues on Savannah?
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 16:57:55 -0600

Hi Jason,

Jason Kenny wrote:
> We have been looking at trying to configure libidn to use a prebuild.. We
> had some issues, but not enough time to figure out what failed yet. I will
> add that our builds fail on the clone with a -j1 logic or -j 12 ( ie N )
> equally.
> As far as your questions, I am not sure. I am just adding in some Notes of
> what we are seeing at Yahoo.

I always appreciate feedback about how services are working from a
"boots on the ground" perspective.  Knowing these types of practical
use data really helps us put resources where it needs to be placed.

Here at this moment I don't know if we need to increase system RAM in
order to handle valid process traffic or if this was a significant hit
due to abuse from the hostile Internet that needs to be blocked.  We
have limited resources and therefore don't want to be making things
work nice for attacker's abuse waves for example.

Bob