sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] The pool is shrinking

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] The pool is shrinking
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 09:33:25 +0200

On 6/21/19 6:53 AM, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> Dear Kristian,

Hi Gabor,

> At this moment there is only 27 members of pool.sks-keyservers.net.
> And no more than 3 HKPS server are enlisted.
> It is a real possibility that this number drops below 1.

Below 2 is actually the minimum for it to operate due to some gnupg
internals. But it is relatively stable on 3-4.

> Don't you want to revise your strict policy about issuing certificates?

No, issuing certificates to servers not being able to keep up doesn't
improve the experience from anyone (the number of complaints I get from
users has dropped significantly). And its not really a strict
requirement, one can set up VMs / chroots for it on a relatively small
server.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand