sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] GDPR (equine corpse)

From: Todd Fleisher
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] GDPR (equine corpse)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 18:15:26 -0400

On Aug 17, 2019, at 18:00, Stefan Claas <address@hidden> wrote:

Todd Fleisher wrote:

On Aug 17, 2019, at 8:46 AM, Stefan Claas <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

Anonymity is a very important point when one likes to communicate securely
and anonymously!

For that purpose Anonymous Remailers with a Nym account are in service
for many years. It requires on the users side that he / she is familiar
with GPG, to create a Nym account.

http://is-not-my.name/ <http://is-not-my.name/>

This could be considered a bit pedantic … but I would consider a website
serving content over unencrypted http and using an invalid SSL certificate
for serving https traffic to be neither anonymous nor secure:
https://i.imgur.com/drVX1EX.jpg <https://i.imgur.com/drVX1EX.jpg>

Well, it is only a very old information page. The usage of those Nyms is secure,
in combination with Mixmaster.

People not trusting such a service may check out the source code and set-up
their own Nym Server.

https://github.com/crooks/nymserv

There are two more Nym servers available, which I forgot to mention:

https://remailer.paranoici.org/nym.php

https://thinhose.net/

Regards
Stefan

Thanks for providing these links, I'll have to check them out. I haven't used an anonymous remailer since anon.penet.fi went dark over two decades ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penet_remailer