Re: [Therion] Getting Scraps into the plans and elevations

From: Bruce Mutton
Subject: Re: [Therion] Getting Scraps into the plans and elevations
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:12:44 +1300

Thanks Stacho
I'm sure you are getting sick of my incessant questions by now, very
sorry...  This post is a bit longer than I would have hoped.

You quoted
"
To create such map, just add following code ...

source          # additional source data
map all_map     # map that contains centerline and scrap map
  address@hidden     # the map with scraps
  n             # survey centerline data below scraps
endmap          # end of map
endsource       # end of additional source data
select all_map  # select this all_map for output

... after ...

source surveyN.th

in your configuration file. You may create this map also in SurveyN.th file
after "endsurvey n" command. Only selection of output map needs to be done
in configuration file.
"

I tried this both ways you described with just a single surveyN.th, and it
works fine. (Refer thconfig--SingleSurveyTest.thc attached) I notice that if
the .th2 file reference is outside the 'survey n endsurvey n' block of code,
each survey station -name in the .th2 file requires a @n suffix. That's OK,
but not feasible to keep changing them if the .th2 file reference needs to
keep moving.

But I can not get it to work with my nice tidy hierarchy setup with INDEX.th
files that works when I only have centreline data and no scrap data. (Refer
thconfig-Greenlink.thc attached)

I ran Stellios' files and I get the following non fatal message
warning -- thconfig-ders-model [21] -- object not found -- "map_ders"
which relates to Therion not being able to 'see' map_ders @dersios (which
does not exist)  Still, quite a nice plan Stellios, better than my efforts
so far!)

Whereas I get a fatal error,
error -- thconfig-Greenlink.thc [21] -- object does not exist --
GreenlinkEntPlan_s1
or similar which relates to Therion not being able to 'see' the scrap
GreenlinkEntPlan_s1 (or the map, as the case may be) when referenced via an
INDEX.th file but works perfectly fine while referenced more directly.

Of the two thconfig files in the attached directories, the SingleSurvey one
works fine, and the Greenlink (whole cave) one does not.  You will see by
the commented lines the sorts of things I have tried to resolve this.

So, I am struggling to find a 'data layout template' that allows me to work
independently on low level detailed surveys and top level system data that
will in this case eventually contain three caves each with many surveys.  I
have it working for centreline data at survey, cave and system levels, but a
single scrap has brought it tumbling down. Is the hierarchy in my data OK?
It seems to match the recommendations in the Wiki.  Is there a(nother)
simple error I'm making?

How to resolve this problem?
Thanks for your patience.  Despite appearances I feel I am making progress
Bruce