Re: tramp (2.1.3); cannot open remote files or directories using plink m

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.3); cannot open remote files or directories using plink method
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 21:45:59 +0200

"Bryson, Stewart" <address@hidden> writes:

> I found the answer. I had to set current-language-environment from
> "Latin-1" to "English".
>
> I don't know if there are any other ramifications to this setting.

That is _really_ strange. I use "Latin-1" all the days, and so do many
people. But I must confess that my local host does not run Windows XP,
usually.

There have been several changes wrt to coding-system in Tramp CVS, due
to other bug reports. I'ld like to invite you to check whether this
restriction does still exist with Tramp 2.1.4, which will be released
not so far from now. Or maybe you are courageous and try Tramp CVS
sources just now? At least I can promise performance improvements ...

> Swb

Thanks for your report, and best regards, Michael.