uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] autotools

From: Marek Michalkiewicz
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] autotools
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 09:11:06 +0200 (CEST)

> I set the version number in configure.in to 0.99.0 since a date doesn't
> make sense there (could be set to date for an official release though). I
> also changed Main.C such that it inherits the version from config.h.

There was already uisp version 1.0b released by Uros, so I'd suggest to
use something higher.  It may be a good idea for uisp to display the date
(updated each time something is changed in CVS - as in GCC source) in
addition to version in the help screen (may be useful in bug reports).

> There is also now an rpm spec file integrated into the build system. I'd
> add a debian build file, but I don't have access to a debian system yet
> (besides I already had the spec file sitting around ;-)

uisp is already packaged and distributed as part of Debian - I'll try to
contact the maintainer and see if he wants packaging included upstream.

Marek