uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] autotools

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] autotools
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 09:45:29 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:

>> I set the version number in configure.in to 0.99.0 since a date doesn't
>> make sense there (could be set to date for an official release though). I
>> also changed Main.C such that it inherits the version from config.h.
>
>There was already uisp version 1.0b released by Uros, so I'd suggest to
>use something higher.  It may be a good idea for uisp to display the date
>(updated each time something is changed in CVS - as in GCC source) in
>addition to version in the help screen (may be useful in bug reports).

It was an arbitrary choice on my part. I don't have anything against the
date for version, but I don't know how to automate it on the subversions
server. I'll look into it. In the mean time, how about I bump it to
1.99.0?

Hmmm, I wonder if it just using a script tied to checking out
configure.in....

>> There is also now an rpm spec file integrated into the build system. I'd
>> add a debian build file, but I don't have access to a debian system yet
>> (besides I already had the spec file sitting around ;-)
>
>uisp is already packaged and distributed as part of Debian - I'll try to
>contact the maintainer and see if he wants packaging included upstream.

Won't hurt to have it in the tarball. Then he doesn't have to keep track
of the file, although debian might make that easier than redhat. Once I
get some more bandwidth (modems suck ;-), I'm planning on getting on the
debian bandwagon.

Ted Roth