uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] autotools

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [Uisp-dev] autotools
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 21:18:42 -0600 (MDT)

I've checked in support for autotools. I verified that building a dist
from an anon-cvs checkout works:

  $ ./bootstrap
  $ mkdir build && cd build
  $ ../configure --prefix=$HOME/local/uisp-test
  $ make
  $ make dist
  $ make distcheck

I set the version number in configure.in to 0.99.0 since a date doesn't
make sense there (could be set to date for an official release though). I
also changed Main.C such that it inherits the version from config.h.

There is also now an rpm spec file integrated into the build system. I'd
add a debian build file, but I don't have access to a debian system yet
(besides I already had the spec file sitting around ;-)

If I've introduced anything undesirable, I will be more than happy to
revert it.

Ted Roth