uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] STK500 with 1.41 firmware (aka AVRStudio4 & 3.53)

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] STK500 with 1.41 firmware (aka AVRStudio4 & 3.53)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:51:16 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Grahame Kelly wrote:

:)Hi.
:)
:)I understand that this is the developer forum, and not a user forum,
:)but I have tried everything and looked through the mailing lists without
:)resolution to my problem.
:)
:)I have been using uisp successfully on a number of project - thanks guys.
:)
:)But now having upgarded my STK500 to firmware 1.41
:)(becuase of complaints from 20020626 saying it needed firmware >= 1.7)
:)I am not able to get 20021201 or 20020626 uisp to work - AVRstudio4 & 3.53
:)works and see/programs the STK500 correctly.
:)
:)I have tried everything I can think of, and read the Change notices etc;
:)but no resolution ;-(
:)
:)20021201 gives the error message:  Programmer is not responding
:)20020626 gives the error message: Device is not responding correctly.
:)
:)Can you kindly assist me and advise which uisp release will work correctly?

I finally updated my stk500 to firmware 1.41 and it looks like Atmel has
changed the protocol such that it is no longer backwards compatible. When I
did the update, AvrStudio was nice enough to tell me as much.

Grrrr :-(

I would recommend dropping the firmware back to either 1.7 or 1.10 for now.
I'm trying to figure out what they changed, but don't have a lot of time to
work with it right now.

Ted Roth