adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] (no subject)

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] (no subject)
Date: 11 Mar 2002 18:37:54 +0100

> Here's a first shot of a possible new res character. I think he works quite
> well even in upscaled old res screenschots. Don't be shocked that he's
> mostly naked, but this has two advantages:

Yeah, he looks good (quite a tall and muscular guy, though ;)). The new
res seems to allow less cartoonish/manga style graphics, and I'm not the
one to complain about this.

> -I don't have to bother about the clothes he's wearing.
> -Once I have a complete animation he can be used to create different human
> characters by simply making minor changes to the body (like posture and
> colour) and adding hair and clothes.

The idea seems good, but be sure to take these points into account:
-Some characters will be smaller/taller, or won't have the same build.
Not to mention face expressions. Wouldn't it be harder to make very
different characters with such detailled models? I'm no gfx guy at all -
but it seems to me, that the skeleton would allow more freedom in that
respect.
-If you do so, the clothes adding and so on would be done using a
software (and not by drawing/scanning) right? I would be all for it, as
the result could be more coherent this way (scanning would involve some
filters passes to get a uniform result), but maybe this would make your
work harder, as you're (I'm talking about all gfx guys) most used to
draw on paper.

These are just the two points I have doubts about. The work itself is
brilliant, as usual ;p Ah, also, he should be quite large and tall for a
human (but I already mentionned it, right? ;))

> If you approve of size and style I will go over to the other views and then
> the hard job of animation. Also look forward to the female version... :)

Aooooooowwwwwwww.... (lone wolf)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org