adonthell-artwork

RE: [Adonthell-artwork] (no subject)

From: walther-franks
Subject: RE: [Adonthell-artwork] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:27:43 +0100

I've coloured him in, check out the attachment. If you get a weird blue line
along the left side of it, I have that too, but it only appears in my pic
viewer prog (ACDSee). I couldn't make it go away, although it doesn't appear
in PS.

e idea seems good, but be sure to take these points into account:
> -Some characters will be smaller/taller, or won't have the same build.
> Not to mention face expressions. Wouldn't it be harder to make very
> different characters with such detailled models? I'm no gfx guy at all -
> but it seems to me, that the skeleton would allow more freedom in that
> respect.
> -If you do so, the clothes adding and so on would be done using a
> software (and not by drawing/scanning) right? I would be all for it, as
> the result could be more coherent this way (scanning would involve some
> filters passes to get a uniform result), but maybe this would make your
> work harder, as you're (I'm talking about all gfx guys) most used to
> draw on paper.

Ah, no actually I had thought of these base chars being just more like a
guideline. Believe me, it's a lot easier to create characters by changing
something already there around a little than to always come up with
something new from scratch. It'd be quite easy to transform this guy into
someone slim/fat/tall/small etc., and then add clothes.

But that'd be up to each artist how he does it.

> Maybe we could post some of the sketches to the website once we have a
> complete set together. Shouldn't forget to make regular updates, and
> those drawings are a good indication for the direction we're heading
> with v0.4

Good point that! I'm all for regular updates to the ws.

BEN