Re: [Adonthell-devel] Uh. Dilemma.

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Uh. Dilemma.
Date: 23 Dec 2001 20:29:51 +0100

> However, there's no option to compile framebuffer support into the kernel in
> the configuration menus. (make menuconfig)

It's located in Console Drivers/Framebuffer Support. If your card isn't
listed, you can give it a try with the VESA driver, if your card is vesa
2.0 compatible.

> ARGH. Looks like I'm not going to be able to play Adonthell. I may be
> sinner, but: a Win32 port is really going to be welcome for us poor
bastards
> stuck in WINDOW~1. ;P

Hehe. Your perseverance in installing Debian at least shows your
involvement! ;) Well, you know at least the ambiance of the game. After
a deeper search, it effectively looks like DRI is rewriting their ati
driver to support the new Radeons.