Re: [Adonthell-devel] Walkable veranda done, light bugs, music and pack

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Walkable veranda done, light bugs, music and packaging
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:03:54 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:44:07 +0000 cirrus wrote
> Alexandre Courbot wrote:

>> I've played a bit again, and noticed a few things:
>> Orloth sometimes goes to empty tables without putting anything - this
>> always happens the first time he goes to a table. Maybe a bug in his
>> schedule (incorrectly initial set variables?)

Initially all tables should be empty. But I guess at one point I copied
over the mapengine.data from a savegame where they weren't. Once we create
the initial game data and drop all the initialization from init.py it
should be okay though.

>> The music schedule may be buggy too. Sometimes the same music is played
>> twice or more.

Hm. I see if I can improve that somewhat. Should be possible.

>> Last thing: I'd also suggest we distribute two packages of waste's edge:
>> the "normal" one, with the full quality music, and a smaller one for
>> which musics would be resampled to 22khz for example. That way even RTC
>> connections owners could play the game. I personnally won't download an
>> almost 10Mb game via my slow, paying connection. 3-4Mb is a maximum.

That's right. Although I am not sure if we get down to under 4Mb that way.
But it's better than nothing.

> 0.3 will KICK ARSE!!!!!!
> how about the 27. since JT needs some extra time (don't think we do
> though! get that adrenaline flowing!) - if we have a definitive date we
> can start promoting the game. I'd be happy to spend time doing this
> since I haven't got much else to do for the game right now!

That's fine by me. I just hope that Nezumi has time to finish the
dialogues. The rest is ready for release.